View Single Post
Old 06-14-2018, 08:33 PM   #9
TheAmishStig

Default Re: What are the compelling elements?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalend View Post
I think the Pacific Theater is a great draw - has a lot of enthusiasm. Thirdpower laid down a lot of cash to do a Nihon countersheet. GURPS Ogre gives Nihon an especially deep background and some even-more-advanced weapons. One assault pack has a Chinese dragon.

What have you been able to do?
Not as much as I would like! But it's getting there.

It's not far enough along for me to be proud of it enough to "go public", but I can't participate the thread in earnest if I continue sitting here being cagey. Lemme make a proofreading / editing pass or two, slap the relevant legalese from the Online Policy on there, and I'll hook you two up [Three, if Drew wants in] via PM. I'm hoping it's at least high enough quality to serve as a foundation to work from, but I'm under no illusions that the balance is anything other than 'coarse early pass' and pretty badly out of whack as a result.

What I've got so far is a 3 new movement modes, a pile of new terrain types [and a list that probably needs to be condensed, for elegance's sake...it was a brain dump and I'm not going to pretend it wasn't], a couple new weapons systems to be able to do "Giant Battleship" without resorting to comically huge numbers of batteries that'd grind the game to a halt [something like HMS Hood would have 16 secondaries...that's insane], and the beginnings of a unit list...but with some reading on Littorals tonight [my big weakness in this endeavor, hence the 'Can I show you once it's further along?' from a week or two ago], I'm not as nervous about game scale / in-game turn time / ship speed as I was.

Since it was brought up...does anyone have the Dragon Battle Pack handy? I'm kinda curious how it was handled with regards to D results. As a "cyber"tank it might be immune, but as a crewed vehicle it should be susceptible, but tracking the D status of individual guns vs disabling the entire unit if a single emplacement takes a D...I'm lost for any elegant, non-game-breaking way to handle it. Not to mention "Immune to D" is what could make actual Cyberships unique and meaningful in a scenario where other types of vehicles have multiple emplacements...
MIB Agent #0460
Ogre 134th Battalion

Lancaster, PA
Imgur: https://agent0460.imgur.com/
TheAmishStig is offline   Reply With Quote