View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 11:40 PM   #5
ericbsmith

Location: Binghamton, NY, USA. Near the river Styx in the 5th Circle.
Default Re: Melee Innate Attack Annoyances

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armin View Post
It doesn't add Primary, it just adds Attack. The problem is, if you're adding it to something that effectively has no damage modes to start with, then it adds a new mode anyway, leaving you with blank data for the original mode.
Not really the case here. Looks like I goofed up in the last update. The Melee modifiers do, indeed, add the mode Primary to Innate Attacks. This was fine before, because the default mode was set to Primary by GCA, so what wound up happening is that the added mode would merge with and overwrite some tags that were part of the Innate Attack's default/Primary mode (specifically, it overwrites the skillused() tag).

Unfortunately, with the last update I went through and added mode names to any trait that had mode/combat statistics. When I did this for Innate Attacks I called the mode "attack." So now the default mode name isn't "Primary" anymore, it's "attack" so the Melee Modifiers don't merge into the existing mode, they create a new mode which contains only a skillused() tag.

The fix for this does require manual editing. First add the Innate Attack to the character, then go to Edit -> Full Edit Window. In that window click the New Tag button; in the left pane type "mode" and in the right type "Primary" (without quotes). Click OK then New Tag again; this time in the left type "noresync" and in the right type "yes" (again, without quotes). OK your way out of it, then add the Melee modifiers to the character as desired.
Kaboom-baya.
ericbsmith is offline   Reply With Quote