View Single Post
Old 12-12-2013, 04:29 PM   #1
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper

Default MORE types of Cabals?

Greetings, all!

Currently, canonical Transhuman Space has only one type of a Cabal network: the one granting a very limited form of Intuition. Non-canonically, in the campaign I play in I've seen at least one different Cabal-like net - larger, less lag-sensitive, and oriented towards invention. No idea about mechanics, but it seems to improve Concept Rolls and/or prototype design (but not actual production, of course); there was a hint about being able to partially skip the trial-and-error of prototype-building-and-debugging thanks to mixing simulations and the many minds subconsciously tinkering with the simulated prototypes (warning: most of this is my guesswork based on the scarce in-game clues). Maybe it grants Versatile, I dunno.

The two ideas I have go along the lines of highly-limited (Hypersensory plus the cabalish lag-vulnerable limitation) Empathy (which I don't exactly need, since Caine has the Empath Talent) or highly-limited (ditto) Danger Sense (which another PC has without any cabals, though). But I think these two are kinda too obvious.

Perhaps anyone has more interesting / unusual ideas? Or just other thoughts on the matter?
Thanks in advance!