Thread: fantasy races
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 02:37 PM   #35
tantric
Banned

Default Re: fantasy races

I had an inspiration for a DnD style world that used Fae vs. Goblins as invaders from another world. The Fae were: Elves, Sidhe, Pixies, Sprites, Trollkin and others who use spontaneous Arcane magic. The Gholb were: Hobgoblins, Blues, Bugbears, etc who are psychics. Both groups are immortal and abhor iron: it blocks psionics and poisons the Fae. Both groups have pursued their Final Conflict across numerous worlds, utterly ruining them in the process. In this campaign, there is no good or evil: only winners and losers (or so they think...). Crossbreeds are: the half-Fae, half-Gholb humaniods. Tengu, Halfings, Men, Chims and Ogres, all able to use Arcana and Psi, and all tragically mortal. Yes, Chims are basically chimpanzees. The native inhabitants of the planet were: Grippli, Saurians, Aarakokra, Thrikreen and Dolphins. These guys are caught in the middle of a worlds-spanning war.Unlike the Fae and Gholb, they are in touch with the lifeblood and history of Sha-Ur, and thus its sacred Domains (aka clerical magic).

Unfortunately, I couldn't convince myself to spend the time trying to adapt DnD to this, when GURPS would be so much better, and I already have a GURPS world in the oven.

Do the Arcana Wiki have a page for mythological sophonts?

Last edited by tantric; 05-28-2009 at 02:40 PM.
tantric is offline   Reply With Quote