View Single Post
Old 03-18-2016, 05:57 AM   #71
swordtart

Default Re: Combat Garage Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
Not sure where I saw but Wheel Ramps are available singly at 100lbs & $150 each . Three are needed to load a Trike onto a vehicle .

I do think Assault Ramps should be available for Flatbeds : many car and construction vehicle Transporters in the UK have motorised rear ramps these days . Normally controlled by a heavy leaded hand device near the ramp , but easily converted to open from Cab or remotely ( ERIS perhaps ) . Okay they take about 5-10 seconds to drop rather than the Assault Ramps 5 phases , but sure that can be adjusted for gameplay .
Are those flatbeds, or are they van trailers that have all but the rear-armour/assualt ramp removed ;)

The loading ramp on many vehicles is not quite the same as an assualt ramp. An assault ramp is vertical until deployed (like a drawbridge). Most of the flatbed ramps I have see fold flat onto the bed (or slide out from underneath the bed) and would therefore not provide the armour function. I have see ones that stay upright, but they tend to be ventilated wheel ramps. I suspect wind resistance is the main reason you wouldn't want a big flat plat sticking vertically up on the back of your flatbed.

If you want automatic ramps on a flatbed, just pay the extra cost for wheelramps and a winch and handwave it away.

Interestingly according to the rules you can make an assault ramp with a single point of armour. Are we really convinced that an 8ft x 8ft sheet that weighs as little as 20lb could support the weight of a vehicle? Do we assume therefore that the 100lb includes the supporting structure mechanism. Now I woudl have my doubts that 100lb of material spread over an 8ft x 8ft panel would support a vehicle either, escecially as we are aying that a wheel ramp needs to be 100lb per wheel. This assumes that it is all support and nothing allocated for the riasing and lowering mechanism. I would consider flipping the rules between side doors and ramps (doors weigh 100lb, ramps weigh 500lb)

I think as written, the assault ramp should require a minimum level of armour before it can support the weight of a vehicle (and if it got damaged it's ability to support a vehicles weight would be reduced).

Dig too far in CW and the logic often falls apart (it is a beer and pretzels game that "just grow'd").
swordtart is offline   Reply With Quote