View Single Post
Old 11-21-2014, 10:13 AM   #940
Phantasm

Default Re: [Supers] GURPS Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Reboot Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adversary View Post
Does Molecule Man have any defenses (besides Unkillable of course)? From the looks of him any average person could just shoot him with a pistol and he'd go down. Not great for one of the most powerful beings in the Marvel Universe, a challenge to the whole FF team.

I am not that familiar with him from the comics. Did he ever use his powers defensively? Seems like he could use his control of matter to prevent any matter from touching him in a harmful fashion. If he could maintain this as an ongoing effect, he should have a forcefield or something, limited to only material, nonliving attacks (so lasers, telekinetic bolts, fists, etc. could ignore it). Or if he can harden the air around him into a barrier, his forcefield could protect him against nearly anything--though maybe to a lesser degree if he is using the air to protect himself rather than controlling the substance of the incoming attack itself.
Yes, his biggest defenses would involve Power Blocks, using the air and ground to create shields to deflect incoming attacks. I'm just not sure how yet those are calculated or what they'd be (one part of Powers I haven't fully grokked yet).

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote