View Single Post
Old 05-14-2017, 05:47 PM   #150
Rathbone

Default Re: Bible Study

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander View Post
Really? Still?

I was pretty sure I'd ruined everything by taking pretty much every single heroic adventure trope out behind a shed and shooting it, ending the central conflict with Warden Tyrrell in a terribly anti-climatic way and then going on to execute the Big Bad before he even had time to launch into a villainous speech.

(text omitted)

He's like the anti-Bond.

Yes, still very gripping. And it is that very anti-Bond trope that is part of what I like so much about the story. I won't argue that it was not anti-climatic but I will say that I see it as having a series of climaxes with each having it's own importance.

I want to see what happens to the team at each one. How they handle the success and/or failure at each hurdle. And clean up is one of those. It can be extremely fun to play through.

I once GMed a scenario where one of the PCs also took out the Big Bad almost immediately upon meeting him at a formal dinner. Technically the rest of the adventure was cleaning up that situation and all the events that the Big Bad had already put in motion but was no longer around to control. It was a lot of fun to play even though it was not what I had expected.

So, I look forward to seeing how the remaining events unfold.