View Single Post
Old 09-17-2011, 03:05 PM   #2
The General

Default Re: [OOC] The Gate at Hinnom

Discussion on Magic
Magic continued, Languages, and Cultural Familiarities

Your characters are a group who happen to be in Hizjah at the same time as the Imperial army - they may well be part of it. I would like the characters to have some starting ties with one another rather than meeting randomly, so you should all try and figure out what that's going to be. Your character sheets can be submitted however you want - PM or posted here - but I'd like ample background information so I have plenty to work with during the adventure.

Other Stuff You Might Want to Know
  • I'd like to handle combat via an instant messaging program of some kind and then post summaries of the combat here when finished. If this doesn't work for any of you, fair enough, but it's the happiest medium I've found in Play-by-Post, as otherwise combat will likely take a great deal of time and, likewise, the gambling element of playing is reduced in that it's less hoping the slots come up in your favor than it is waiting for a college acceptance letter. I don't know about you, but I hated waiting for college acceptance letters. Please let me know if you'd be willing to do something like this.
  • The starting cash amount is $500. This can be modified depending on wealth.
  • It'd be nice if all significant advantages and higher-than-average skills and attributes had explanations in your background. Not necessary, but nice!
  • I'd like everyone to post as often as possible - don't sweat it too much though. I'll be posting as much as I can. Try not to have a conversation between two people take up three pages, if you get what I'm saying.

Racial Template: Edomite
51 points

Attribute Modifiers: ST+10 (Size, -10%) [90]; IQ-2 [-40]

Secondary Characteristic Modifiers:
SM +1.

Advantages: Discriminatory Taste [10]; Regeneration (Slow) [10];
DR 4 [20]; Extended Lifespan 1 [2]; Fearlessness 4 [8]

Disadvantages: Berserk (12) [-10], Disturbing Voice [-10]; Gluttony (12) [-5]; Social Stigma (Subjugated) [-20]; Divine Curse (Berserk) [0]; Extra Sleep 2 [-4]

Thanks, and let me know if you have any questions!

Last edited by The General; 09-18-2011 at 10:51 PM.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote