View Single Post
Old 06-15-2018, 11:09 PM   #20
Racer

Default Re: Good Vehicles to introduced new Players to the Game . Thoughts ?

Thanks for posts - sorry I've not back sooner but been extremely unwell .

One thing is that new players who've actually played vehicular combat games online , very few let you actually target anything bar your opponent's vehicle itself rather than tires etc .
We aimed for 10 Turn slugfests , instead of 2 Turn games where players get a lucky hit on a Tire & target gets wrecked ...

AND we were extremely lenient with cars rolling , as we've found nothing really frustrates new/young players than being stuck in an almost intact Div 15 Car ... on it's roof . Most older players would suck it up .. not so much 13 year olds with attention spans of nano seconds ...

In the end we went with a Midsize , Super PP w/SCs & PCs , PR Racing Slicks , 3 MGs Front , SWC , SD Back to discourage tailgating . We decided that Spikes were 'practice' versions & only did standard 1d Damage to the Slicks . 10 Acceleration , Armour F55, R40, L40, B45 & a few T and U , all for under $20K .

Had three games : ones I supervised had six players in one Arena & four in the other . Lowdecker took part in his event - he had three older players in his - as one had to drop out .
Overwhelming positive feedback and a number of happy parents ( I explained the maths side of the game ) and we'll be going back to the Scout Hut in two weekends time .

Table Tennis tables make excellent gaming stands & even half a table is good for younger children to 'race' around the edges using Car Wars counters & dice rolls to see how far each moved ! A little imagination goes a long way ;-)

Last edited by Racer; 06-16-2018 at 08:29 AM.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote