View Single Post
Old 06-28-2017, 01:14 PM   #16
chandley

Default Re: [Basic] Advantage of the Week (#45): Duplication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
Duplication isn't very common in general, but I probably wouldn't do more than add some additional ritual requirements to Construct, and maybe adding sympathetic injury back.
Granted, not common. I guess the scenario I most readily envision is an ooze that can split into multiple mini-oozes. That's shared resources but is NOT construct. Given the usual course of feeding and growing, any of the resultant mini-oozes can become a big ooze. And the original ooze (pick one of them) can grow/heal back enough HP to make use of its duplication power even if the other mini-oozes are killed. And it all takes rather more effort than even 10 FP represents.

As an enhancement to Duplication, stuff like that takes several different kinds of enhancement to be clean. Might be worth it if Unkillable or similar is too clunky though.

In answer to the original post, I have used Duplication, often to high values. I especially liked a build that had duplication and compartmentalized mind as A/As of each other: Spin off threads of consciousness into their own bodies when needed, or stack up in one body to think massively parallel with instant comms.