Thread: Kits.
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2022, 09:51 PM   #7
agentdenton
Banned

Default Re: Kits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaraxes View Post
The itemized list can be interesting just for color or sparking the imagination, but having lists of every conceivable item isn't worth the hassle to me -- especially if you get gigged for overlooking some random thing in your assembled kit of 20 or 40 individual bits. For gameplay in most rule sets, you mostly just need to know if you have appropriate tools to avoid penalties or get bonuses, not match up specific problems with specific items in the kit. ("I'm sorry, you bought a 40w soldering iron whereas you really want the 25w to work on that little PCB... that's a -1.")
Yeah, listing every type of socket for a wrench, every type and size of screwdriver, etc. In a tech kit would be a Tad excessive. BL23C doesn't do this, but did itemize the basic survival kit.

Let me make a few minor excerpts from the book to illustrate.

The basic survival pack contents.
This backpack contains these listed items: Body Rehabilitation Injection (BRI), heat or coolant survival suit, five (5) days of food cubes and nutrient pills, slap bandage, binoculars, compass, rope (50 m), web gear, short range emergency transmitter (2*km range, c100), combat knife.

The engineer's toolkit.
The kit purchased is specific to one engineering skill (biological, computer, device, power, or structural). They are not interchangeable and a kit must be purchased for each skill in order to get the bonus for that skill. Engineering Skill Check modifier: +20.

I really think they got it just about perfect.
agentdenton is offline   Reply With Quote