View Single Post
Old 06-09-2018, 07:06 AM   #13
Chris Rice

Default Re: Interviewing the Fans #1

So many great moments, but we'd had those in D&D and other games. I suppose the ones I remember best as uniquely TFT were to do with "Powdered-Dragon Bone" or gunpowder as the rules had it.

In my TFT world only the dwarves knew the secret of making gunpowder, which they jealously guarded, but of course, others were constantly trying to steal the knowledge from them.

My players became embroiled in a plot to steal the secret, which led to many fascinating situations, including one character hiding in the barrel of a cannon which was later fired by another party member.

Perhaps the highlight was when I described the entrance to the dwarves stronghold as "an earthen rampart protected by wooden stakes and topped by a row of cannons"

I expected my players would come up with a cunning plan to infiltrate the Dwarven stronghold, but as usual my players confounded my expectations.

The leader, who was an Expert Horseman, turned to the others...

"This is our moment for glory lads, charge.....!"

Then ensued a charge of the light brigade style attack, with horses being blown from under riders until, with some lucky dice rolls and a not overly harsh DM, the players prevailed!
Chris Rice is offline   Reply With Quote