View Single Post
Old 06-21-2017, 10:32 PM   #39
Rasputin

Default Re: [DF] Turning bodies to loot

Quote:
Originally Posted by (E) View Post
Heading back towards the original topic, in most situations basic preserving equipment and supplies would be required. Preserving a high quality hide would take a lot of salt for example. 20 lbs of salt (?) for a large critter.
Yeah, I was thinking about that. Part of my desire here isn't cannibalism (though characters in my game have dined on both giant frog and caterwaul) but to mimic the Adventurer Conquerer King System rules of having a swath of treasure being trade goods instead. An lot of those goods happen to be furs and horns. To give some entries off page 209 of the ACKS core rules:
  • 1d100 animal horns worth 2gp each (1 stone per 5 horns)
  • 2d6 bundles of fur pelts (such as bear, beaver, or fox), worth 15gp each (3 stone per bundle)
  • 1d3 crates of monster parts, worth 300gp each (5 stone each)
  • 1d3 bundles of rare fur pelts (such as ermine, mink, or sable), worth 500gp each (5 stone each)
  • 1d10x50 monster feathers, worth 1d6gp per feather (1 stone per 25 feathers)
  • 1d100 monster horns worth, 1d10 HD x 1d4+1gp/HD (1 stone per 20 HD)
  • 1d6 monster carcasses, worth 1d10 HD x 1d10x10gp/HD (1 stone per HD)
(Aside: it seems someone at Autarch needs to learn the difference between the lowercase letter X and the multiplication symbol.)

But regardless, the rules in DF8 only talk about keeping gutted parts a few days to sell them in town, while having them being lasting trade goods would need some salt (another trade good) and another skill roll.

My GURPS blog.
Rasputin is offline   Reply With Quote