View Single Post
Old 03-31-2017, 12:32 PM   #3
Kelly Pedersen

Default Re: Character Creation: "Realistic" Sci-Fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by whswhs View Post
As for the Talent, in general GURPS does not allow Talents to include weapon skills, and I believe that extends to Fast-Draw,
Actually, it's not correct that weapon skills are not allowed in Talents. Power-Ups 3: Talents includes a number of Talents that include weapon skills, and several that include Fast-Draw as well.

The description of custom Talents in Characters does disallow "Weapon Talent", it's true, but I'm pretty sure what it's warning against is a hypothetical Talent that covers all sorts of weapons, not against putting weapon skills in a talent. It's in the same line as suggesting against a "Ninja Talent", and there are certainly skills I'd characterize as "ninja skills" included in the Talents in Characters: Camouflage, Tracking, Acting, and so on.

Honestly, if someone wanted to purchase Weapon Talent, I don't think I'd complain for balance reasons. If someone wants to spend 15 points for +1 to a bunch of skills that are mostly based on DX and mostly have good defaults to one another anyway, instead of spending 20 points and increasing all DX-based skills, plus their Basic Speed, well, more power to them, I say.
Kelly Pedersen is offline   Reply With Quote