Thread: House Rules
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2014, 05:41 AM   #36
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: House Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel Beth View Post
I think by the stricter reading of the rules, the Habbalite rez is the grenade -- the Habbalite tosses it, and the emotions are there even if the Habbalite wanders away, gets stabbed by a Malakite, etc. If you're having Influence The Crowd be an enhanced use of resonance, though, rather than one-on-one (I don't think Habbalah get to do mass-emotion, do they? I didn't timeline jump on this?), having the Habbalite need to concentrate to maintain the effect would be pretty reasonable, and anything that disrupts the Habbalite's concentration might:

• Break the effect entirely, leaving the crowd to sort of putter on with their emotions for a while till they fade. A barfight will continue!
• Break the effect entirely and instantly! "...why are we rioting?"
• Twist the emotions to a new course! Yowza!
• Mingle the emotions -- or twist slowly, anyway. Barfight continues! Merges more gradually to orgy!

Habbalite should probably get a Will roll to not be distracted, but if this is an exotic/advanced use of resonance, that Will roll may be penalized...

Whether a surprising kiss gave a second resistance roll or simply got twisted into a shove-away with yelling or something... There's definitely where GM interpretation lies! ...I'd think it'd have to be a really good kiss, personally, but that's me. O;>
It's not actually a crowd effect. Habby (who really needs a proper name, eh?) got the crowd riled up more or less the old-fashioned way. He zapped one guy, let him get lathered up, then zapped another and let the two of them persuade others. Crowdthink. Habby is clever.

And Mr. Samurai got a second resistance roll, and I haven't yet posted his reaction. Which I should do very shortly.