View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 05:48 AM   #1
Christopher R. Rice

Default Build a Cyberpunk Setting

So I'm building a new campaign setting for my players. It's going to nominally be a cyberpunk setting but has elements from the action, horror, biopunk, caper, and neo-noir genres. The TL is going to be 9 and the start date is going to be 2081 so I've got a bit to fill.

A few random bits:
  • Psionic powers are real and those with them are actively hated by most common folks. They are considered second-class citizens. Currently, I'm considering telepathy, telekinesis, teleportation, and ESP as abilities. I'll be using GURPS Psionic Powers, of course.
  • Biotechnology is retarded do to some stuff that happened creating (among other things) a nasty vampire-like disease that essentially destroyed Mexico. Biotech firms still exist and still do research, but bio-tech in general (not really including medicine) is at early TL9 instead of the campaign's mature TL9.
  • There is a mini-ice age happening that has chewed up some of the more northern countries and nations.
  • I've moved some borders around and changed some nations. China became a empire with an actual (psi-active) emperor, parts of Canada, the US, and Mexico have formed the North American Union (NAU), while most of South America is under the rule of a dictator with advanced technologies.
  • The solar system (at least the Moon, Mars, and parts of the asteroid belt) have been colonized to a degree.
  • No living aliens, but something was found on Mars. I just don't know what yet. It's still a secret the world's governments are keeping.
  • The Middle East is just a mess and has been in constant warfare for almost a century.
  • The Indonesian subcontinent and parts of western Africa were decimated by an Ebola outbreak.

I'm looking for events or ideas to incorporate in the setting. Any help would be appreciated.

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!

Last edited by Christopher R. Rice; 02-12-2019 at 07:03 AM.
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote