View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 09:10 AM   #71
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: A Challenger Appears! Green versus Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane View Post
Well, parrying does leave you open to a Beat, so dodging does have that benefit.
True, though beat only matters if I'm

Quote:
Yeah, like for example say I have bought up "Second Wind" so that I get 100% of my HT instead of 50% in AP. If I burn 1 FP, I am immediately back up to 100% AP, so the AP recovered by a successful Do Nothing would go nowhere, so that gives some purpose for it, because it's weird if suddenly you have full AP and can't do anything with it. The purpose of forcing Recovery Actions should be for getting people back up to 100%.
That does sound fair-- you can spend points above max despite PIF. I'd want to make sure you can't burn FP while in the PIF zone though.

Quote:
Eh, I thought the 'next turn' was kinda rigid, but in that case I hope taking AOD now will make up for it.
It is a touch rigid, but its not like PIF is supposed to be optional. The current set of actions satisfy me.

Quote:
Well okay, but what about a spinning backfist? Apparently if you are using Knife or Sword you can do spinning attacks with them.
That's a better point. Spinning of any kind feels like fancy training to me though. Even when its on a knife. And a spin feels very non-boxing to me.

Quote:
Actually I can always kick at DX, and with reach 2 if I wanted to take All-Out Attack (Long), but sounds somewhat reckless. That certainly wouldn't be a standard attack maneuver. I'd need to use Extra Effort on Great Lunge to get the +1 to reach on a standard Attack maneuver.
True, you can kick at DX-2, at which point your skill 9 will defeat me via laughter.

Quote:
Meanwhile, with HT 11 vs your HT 9, I am more likely to regain my AP than you. I can play this game :)
I'm not sure how AP recovery fits into the natural flow of a fight. You'd think that the lower HT opponent would favor lots of short flurries, and that the high HT opponent would want to keep the pressure up, leaving less time for recovery. But in game the HT player likes lots of short breaks, because they get AP back faster.

As a note, I'm surprised at how quick your character feels. Or at least how active. He's throwing two attacks for every one of mine. I don't feel like I'm playing a nimble guy against a tough guy, I feel like I'm playing a precise but slower veteran against a younger and quicker fighter. Despite your character having more points in the unarmed skill than mine.

[/quote]

(well, except for the eventual countdown for my leg injury adrenaline wearing off... I kinda lost track of that, should I leave it up to you to tell me when I will suffer it? That seems more realistic because me tracking it feels like metagaming with you tracking it I will be surprised)

roll vs HT 9 (10-1) to see if you recover AP from your Evaluate, then choose your next maneuver, we still both have 2 AP right now I think
[/QUOTE]

I'll post it publicly. You have 13 turns left until the pain kicks in.

My AP recover roll fails by 1 (9 vs. 10) darn.

I do nothing. Go ahead and attack at 3 yards if you dare.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote