View Single Post
Old 04-15-2017, 06:15 PM   #2
MunchkinMan

Default Re: Munchkin: Oz Brains, Courage, and Heart! and Hot Balloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzhare View Post
Hi all!
Recently got back into Munchkin and bought a few of the artist editions including Oz. Planning on running a few big Munchkin games on Easter.
Had a couple questions on some cards I couldn't find answers using search.

1. I ran into the cards Brains!, Courage!, and Heart!
How and when are these played? There's no value so they don't seem to be items and they don't seem to be one-shots. Are they just played anytime from Hand and never leave the table?
They are Treasure cards, so there's the following from the rules: "Any Treasure card may be played to the table as soon as you get it, or at any time on your own turn except during combat (unless the rules below or the card itself says otherwise)." Also, they are not Items, which technically makes them Special Treasures, for which the rules say, "Most of these cards say when they can be played, and whether they stay in play or are discarded." Since they don't say when they can be played, then the default rules for Treasures apply. Since the cards do say they stay in play, they stay in play. So, you can play Brains!, Courage!, and Heart! as soon as you get them, or during your own turn (as long as you're not in combat), and they remain on your character until the end of the game.

Quote:
2. I saw that Hot Air Balloon is a one-shot from an older post. I would assume it's played straight from the Hand and can not be played from the Table since it's not an item due to it not having a gold piece value or "no value"?
It must be played from the hand for the exact reason that it's not an Item.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote