View Single Post
Old 10-06-2016, 06:19 PM   #72
The_Ryujin

Default Re: GURB- The Generic Unoriginal Roleplaying Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Cat View Post
You're welcome.

SM -12 seems a bit low to me, though. SM is based off of the longest dimension of an object. You gave the power cord a length of 1.5 yards. The power cord should therefore have SM -1.

I'd consider shortening the power cord. 1 yard of power cord should be enough to allow the use of the Force Zweihänder without hampering the wielder's movements too much. Keep in mind that this is about half the height of a SM 0 humanoid. Using this shorter power cord, we have a SM -2. This makes the power cord more annoying to hit, helping make up for its fragility.
For long thin objects Basic set says to use the smallest dimension for size modifier (see pg. 550) though personally I think that -2SM makes more sense.

As for length I wanted to give it little slack though you're probably right that 5ft is a little too much.

Normies: Man! The government is filled with liars and thieves! Me: Well yeah, here's what they're lying about, what they're stealing from you, and who's doing it. Normies: Rolls eyes Shut up conspiracy theorist Me: >.>
The_Ryujin is offline   Reply With Quote