View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 04:09 PM   #11
Kelly Pedersen

Default Re: [Powers] Neutralize & Energy Reserves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otaku View Post
1) Does the Cosmic Enhancement, in this case, still leave "Wild" powers unaffected?
I would say that's correct, at least not without a further +300% Cosmic enhancement. Consider what neutralizing "Wild" advantages would actually mean. When a bird flies, it's technically got the advantage Flight with the Winged limitation. Should a character with Neutralize be able to touch a bird and take away its wings? Should they be able to reduce a person with ST 20 down to an average ST 10? Neutralizing all advantages is a very big power. Too big, really - there's no way I'd allow a build, even with the +600% Cosmic I just mentioned, to neutralize all advantages. Even that build would have limits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otaku
2) Why don't Energy Reserves have a source?
Well, I guess the question is, how would a power source actually limit an Energy Reserve? ERs are pretty much only useful if you have other abilities that can be fuelled by them. So if something neutralized your psi abilities, for instance, you couldn't benefit from ER (Psi) in any case. Likewise, if you've got a Divine modifier on abilities, and break your pact, you already can't use the basic abilities, so the fact that you can't use your ER to power them doesn't really matter.

I suppose in certain cases, like the Spirit modifier, where using abilities requires a random roll each time, you could put the limitation on your Energy Reserve (Spirit), since you could possibly roll well enough to use an ability, but the spirits could decide to deny you the energy to fund it. But it would have to be that case, where the energy and the abilities can be separated mechanically.
Kelly Pedersen is offline   Reply With Quote