View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 02:57 PM   #6
Mister Ed

Default Re: Munchkin Deluxe with 7 players

Just to provide another viewpoint here, I'll put in a plug for maxing out at 6 players. Going over 6 isn't just a matter of having enough cards or tokens, it makes the game drag on a bit, in my experience (though I know others' experiences differ).

There is both the length of time between each player's turns, which can cause attention to wander in addition to adding length to the game, but also the fact that, the more players there are, the more people (and larger pool of cards) there is trying to stop any one person from winning, which can make the endgame really drag out.

If I had 7 people that wanted to play Munchkin, I'd recommend splitting it into a game of 3 and a game of 4 players. Obviously in your case, that would require buying another base set, but that's not a whole lot more than buying an expansion, and there are tons of fun themes to choose from, that all play a bit differently, so it isn't like you'd be buying a duplicate of the same game just to accomodate an extra player.