View Single Post
Old 02-20-2018, 08:59 AM   #17
TheAmishStig

Default Re: Ogre and GEV Usable Miniatures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macunaima View Post
If I had known the new minis were coming out, I’d have waited. But given that most of my miniatures terrain is now 3mm, this was a quick and easy way to play Ogre Minis. It has the advantage, also, of making a standard GEV map a half meter square in terms of table footprint.

I am now making some more abstract terrain for quick games. This is based on painted “foamie” hexes, eaxh one 20mm across.
Looks good! I think I'm gonna steal the 3mm-terrain idea for when I get around to doing my own "Oversized Hexes" setup.

Because of the difference between Figure scale and Map scale, 3mm looks like it'd be really workable for official minis + oversized hexes, in the spirit of what Desert Scribe did a couple years ago. Taking Ogre full-3D, what your battlefield looks like comes down to what you decide to do with hexes vs inches, what you do relative to map space (I won't say 'map scale', because that's nearly 1:40,000...may as well use candy sprinkles for skyscrapers at that point) vs what you decide to do relative to the figures themselves, etc.
MIB Agent #0460
Ogre 134th Battalion

Lancaster, PA
Imgur: https://agent0460.imgur.com/
TheAmishStig is offline   Reply With Quote