Thread: Tank magazines
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2019, 02:38 AM   #5
Racer

Default Re: Tank magazines : House Rules

The PzKw Mk X Lion from Military Vehicle Guide if it sticks to the ⅓ Space Per Side for Weaponry/Equipment Rule , should only have 26 Magazines rather than the listed 39 . Both the Spaces used for the Turret (8) & the Rocket Magazines (6) for the Turret's twin Super Rockets seem to be conveniently forgotten ...

27 Rounds for a 50 Ton Heavy Tank is a joke .

Having actually seen the actual size of 120mm Tank Gun Ammo & 155mm Howitzer Ammo , our groups have applied 'The Rule of Logic' & use 3 Shots per Mag for TG 12 Ammo & 2 Shots per Mag for TG 14 Ammo .

Size of 8 Inch Ammo (200mm/203mm in Game terms) :
https://www.alamy.com/shells-for-8-i...ip%3d0%26pl%3d

I've seen 12 to 18 inch Naval Shells at London's Imperial War Museum . I'd reckon that with Cordite Bag Charges , a 12 Inch Shell would take up same volume as myself - 2 to 2½ Spaces as a Passenger . We've not really used different Space House Rules for Artillery Ammo - Tank Destroyers/Self Propelled Guns etc are exempt from ⅓ Space Rule anyway .
I'd say that only the Artillery 17 & 20 Ammo rounds would take up 1 Space per Round .

As Car Wars: Tanks Rules were very rushed , full of contradictions , bare little parity to the sample Vehicles & mainly devised by someone with a few problems with mathematics , we feel they should be taken with a large dose of Salt . Otherwise TG12s & TG14s would be an extreme rarity on gaming battlefields - most of our Official Rules compliant Heavy & Super Heavy Tank designs feature two TG10s or two/three TG9s to good effect .
My standard 120 Space Hull 'Centurion 21' Heavy Tank , uses a TG10 with around 70 Rounds of Ammo . Using one to fight a Haig MBT (Tanks page 47) with only 23 Rounds of Ammo (+ 4 Missiles) , is hilarious when Haig runs of Ammo ...

Conclusion : when using Tanks or other Military Vehicles/Equipment in Car Wars games , be willing to go beyond the limited Rules written 28+ years ago ;-)

Last edited by Racer; 01-04-2019 at 03:24 AM.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote