View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 02:09 PM   #36
jacobmuller

Default Re: Blunt Trauma and Skulls

And this is unresolved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobmuller View Post
Bit confused by the idea of applying innate DR before worn DR. Should rigid DR always be counted before flexible? Or is that simply a way of figuring this singular conundrum?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. P Kitty View Post
Look at it this way. You have to resolve it all at once, so you don't have "DR 16 and DR 2" -- you have "DR 18, 16 of which happens to be flexible." So when you fall on your skull and take 15 points of damage, 2 damage is stopped by your innate DR and 13 from your flexible DR. Thus, you'd take (13/5) = 2 points of injury to the skull.
I'd rather DR18 rigid, 16 of which is treated as flexible for Falls, resulting in Blunt Trauma Injury 3 points.
Then either:
your innate DR2 stops 2 points of the Blunt Trauma Injury;
or
it doesn't. B378: "Damage Resistance (DR) rates the degree of protection [snip] against damage." "Subtract DR from basic damage." B379: "injury due to blunt trauma. This is actual injury, not basic damage."

As innate DR2 will, in game terms, completely prevent 2 points damage from any source (sword, bullet, club, acid, fire) I'd prefer to use the former. Injury 1HP, and some non-game relevant bruising.

Last edited by jacobmuller; 07-09-2011 at 08:40 AM. Reason: clarity?
jacobmuller is offline   Reply With Quote