View Single Post
Old 02-21-2019, 09:35 AM   #42
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Default Re: Can In Nomine be resurrected?

It seems to me that the pop culture moment is right for the reintroduction of In Nomine: the popularity of "Supernatural" and "American Gods," the coming of the televised "Good Omens," etc. Behind-the-scenes mythic stuff has some memetic punch to it right now, that a marketing campaign could take advantage of.

That said, I agree that the radar has been quiet. I used to be one of the most active members of this forum, but it's been quite a while since I've been on here. (Or on the SJG boards in general; blame the rise of social media for that one.) Right now, things seem to be in a Catch-22 ... the game will get promoted more if a market can be demonstrated, but for folks to know about it and create a market, it needs to get promoted more.

As AA Beth knows, I've got a draft manuscript of my own to add to the "Expanded Superior" collection (co-authored with ISNorden). It would need a significant amount of dust blown off it, but it could add some useful stuff to the IN universe.

On the rules - like AA Beth, I love the check digit, but having a 2d6 success roll gives a very coarse-grained approach to character power. One wonders if a 3d6 plus check roll would be worth examining, with the main 3d6 still determining success/failure/intervention (with a bell curve matching that of GURPS) while the check digit measured the quality, including a way to gauge the relative power or nature of interventions.

Side note: I've got some half-completed filks for this board that I really need to dig up and finish to get the power of my Word going again.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote