View Single Post
Old 02-10-2019, 10:38 AM   #6
Andreas

Default Re: Skill for laying low in an urban area

A lot of that is just not doing stupid things, such as carelessly using your credit card and visiting locations you are know to frequent etc. (covered by the Common Sense advantage and not having applicable disadvantages I guess). I don't think you should require a skill roll for things like that.

For not looking suspucious even if you have to do unusual things, Acting, Stealth, Streetwise and Fast Talk are likely skills to use. For outguessing enemies' activities, Intelligence Analysis seems like the best fit (" It allows you to deduce enemy plans and capabilities").

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Pedersen View Post
For the actual mechanic, I'd use a regular Contest (something that's a bit underused, in my opinion), with the runner being discovered only if they fail the contest and the pursuers succeed. You could even do an "extended contest" mechanic, where the runner failing the contest doesn't automatically mean they're found. Instead, set a number of "steps" that the pursuers are behind the runner, and for each failure on the runner's part, they get one step closer. Conversely, if the runner succeeds and the pursuers fail, the runner moves one step further away, until they reach some threshold where the pursuers just give up.
How would you apply task difficulty modifiers such as the availiable area to hide in (much easier to hide if you can hide anywhere in the country rather than just in a single town)? To the runner, the pursuers or both?
Andreas is offline   Reply With Quote