View Single Post
Old 08-15-2016, 09:16 AM   #11
hal

Default Re: Playing GURPS with Fantasy Grounds

I've been using the current GURPS support files to run GURPS campaigns and am thankful that the material exists! Any further improvements will be gratefully appreciated. The chat box area could be improved with bigger font capabilities. I've a bum mouse whose left trigger isn't entirely consistent in registering a click, so when I have one NPC who should say something, and it is said by another, I get annoyed with myself. I'd also like the option to change the backdrop from it's dark pseudo wood grain to something that would allow me to set at my end with an alternative picture or background.

I suspect that some of the features I'd like to see I can achieve with a little ingenuity ( such as NPC illustrations sent as "maps" and letting the players see that. But by far, the biggest improvement I'd like to see aside from font size control would be those function keys. If for instance I wanted to set F1 as being /whisper Beomont Creek - so that hitting F1 starts the command, and I can add more to it and THEN hit enter, I'd be a happy guy! Also? I would be nice to have a target outline icon/ button on the menu. Click on an arm, and the program knows to automatically modify the attack roll. Make it so that the GM has to input the "variable" hit location modifier and save it, and that should be acceptable by the powers that be in an effort to avoid TOO much automation.

I wonder too...

When one does a /help command, a finite list of valid commands are listed. Can a GM customize that list by adding more commands or does that require customization via coding?

In any event - thank you for the work already achieved, and thank you for any further gifts of your time. You and others like you have been generous as it is!

Hal
hal is offline   Reply With Quote