View Single Post
Old 04-16-2016, 06:40 AM   #4
Gold & Appel Inc

Default Re: How to demo GURPS?

My group is currently playing a campaign with a lot of new GURPS players (everybody except me, actually), some with experience playing other games and others with none. tshiggins is GMing, and he and I did a combo approach of both providing sample characters for those who wanted to see or claim them, and of working with players to develop their own concepts if they wanted to, and it's been going well. The players that we worked with to build their own idea tend to be grasping the rules more quickly, but your mileage may vary on whether it's worth it if you're planning a one-shot rather than an extended campaign.

I'm not going to recommend a thousand books here, but if you get players who are hungry for more, the first two generally-handy books that I'd suggest are Powers and Martial Arts, mostly in that order depending on the group's taste. Others will be along shortly to suggest Low Tech, Gun Fu, and Tactical Shooting, which are all the sort of thing that you'd like if you like that sort of thing. That said, you can do just about anything with Characters, Campaigns, and a little elbow grease.
Gold & Appel Inc is online now   Reply With Quote