View Single Post
Old 09-13-2018, 05:42 AM   #7
guymc

Default Re: PYRAMID Special TFT Section

This is a pretty radical concept for TFT, but I found it very interesting. The idea is that you are intended to start this process with a weaker character and discover things about the PC and build the character up in the crucible of play.

You bet you are going to lose characters like this, which is why you are playing more than one. You will find out the strengths and weaknesses the hard way, and end up with more diverse characters than you would by completely modeling them from the start.

It isn't strictly "by the book" but as I think we've discussed here a whole lot -- nothing HAS to be by the book in your own campaign. As a designer/editor I tend to be conservative and don't want to load down TFT with a lot of rules detail it doesn't need. (I think y'all have figured that out by now, right?) But as a GM, I love being experimental and I value the gaming experience over rules adherence every time.

TFT is the perfect system for this. (Again, something I don't have to tell you folks, right?) That's why Steve and I are going to keep it lean and mean in the books so that you GMs and players - the important people - have a clean sandbox to play in.

I'm going to have to give this method a try at some point, just for the pure outrageous novelty of it.