View Single Post
Old 09-12-2018, 10:05 AM   #12
Railstar

Default Re: Pre-Organlegger Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varyon View Post
It doesn't even need to be actual rituals - plenty of strange animal body parts are used or consumed by humans for some sort of perceived health benefit.
Or alchemy. I can go through the elixir list and think of things that would be viable to make with human parts.

The necromancer in question wouldn't want to run a scam or a con using body parts. While she's amoral enough to do so, I think it would not hold the same interest to her. While I definitely agree with the answers of studying organs out of scientific curiosity, it is a factor, I think I need to narrow down what makes that line of research interesting.

Quote:
In the webcomic Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, the titular character's brother is a necromancer who creates a flesh golem so that he can combine the special abilities of a number of powerful people. That's in a fantasy setting where super powers are fairly common amongst various flavors of magic users, and where a sufficiently skilled necromancer can make zombies that retain such abilities, which may not be the case in your setting. Note in the above we aren't just talking about physical abilities either - one of the principal abilities Jacob opts to incorporate into his golem is the "Sight" of seers. Jacob is also able (IIRC, the comic's site is really slow right now so I can't check the archives to confirm) to temporarily use some of the special abilities of character's he is carrying around the organs of, which could be another possibility for your organlegger. I don't know if your organlegger is your PC or in a setting you're making - if the former, you'll want to find out from the GM just what is and isn't fair game in a zombie/golem, if the latter you'll want to figure that out for yourself.
Thanks, this is really useful! The setting does have supers, so I think super-golems could be more viable than super-zombies - I can use that as the justification for the GM allowing more sweeping changes to golems.

The GM's answer on what is or isn't fair game tends to be, "Ask the forums".
Railstar is offline   Reply With Quote