View Single Post
Old 01-25-2018, 01:58 PM   #2
Misplaced Buckeye

Default Re: Supercavitating OGRE Weapons...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Kauffman View Post
In another thread, the topic of OGREs being able to fire Missiles when Submerged came up:

The Supercavitating OGRE Missiles would really be nice to have. I always thought OGREs should be able to fire their Missiles when Submerged at submerged or unsubmerged targets.

What about Supercavitating Main and Secondary Batteries and AP Guns? What about Supercavitating weapons equipped on all units?

No? Yes, at reduced range and attack strength? Yes, at reduced range? Yes, at reduced attack strength? Yes?

I'm partial to the Yes for all weapons on all units however at half attack strength and normal range. Officially the OGRE can be attacked at half attack strength by enemy HWZ and MWZ. So a OGRE could take cover Submerged in water and have enemy attacks received at half attack strength, but it's own attacks against enemy targets is also at half attack strength (round down). Missiles=3, MB=2, SB=1. AP Guns=.5 (round down. Would take x2 AP Guns to equal attack strength 1). I think the OGRE should have more of a fighting chance when Submerged, especially against enemy GEVs. Atm, there seems to be too much of a gap there the OGRE is unresponsive and ineffective. OGREs seem to be too anemic when in water. GEVs seem to have too much of a advantage in this situation.

How viable is any of this for OGRE. Any thoughts?
So Tim, we're talking an AQUAOGRE correct? All munitions watertight ala torpedos for projectiles I assume. What about non projectile? Seems like it would be useless on this Ogre . Floating homing mines might make it interesting...watch GEVS and Marines dodge them.

Seems like a submersible GEV would also be feasible as well as Powersuited submersible marine ala Deep Six from GI JOE

This could be a whole new area for ...not to throw any shade on the Ogreships from past articles.
Misplaced Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote