View Single Post
Old 01-25-2018, 03:49 AM   #1
Tim Kauffman

Default Supercavitating OGRE Weapons...

In another thread, the topic of OGREs being able to fire Missiles when Submerged came up:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalend View Post
Load the MkIV with supercavitating missiles that can fire from the water bottom and hit the marines in the water.
The Supercavitating OGRE Missiles would really be nice to have. I always thought OGREs should be able to fire their Missiles when Submerged at submerged or unsubmerged targets.

What about Supercavitating Main and Secondary Batteries and AP Guns? What about Supercavitating weapons equipped on all units?

No? Yes, at reduced range and attack strength? Yes, at reduced range? Yes, at reduced attack strength? Yes?

I'm partial to the Yes for all weapons on all units however at half attack strength and normal range. Officially the OGRE can be attacked at half attack strength by enemy HWZ and MWZ. So a OGRE could take cover Submerged in water and have enemy attacks received at half attack strength, but it's own attacks against enemy targets is also at half attack strength (round down). Missiles=3, MB=2, SB=1. AP Guns=.5 (round down. Would take x2 AP Guns to equal attack strength 1). I think the OGRE should have more of a fighting chance when Submerged, especially against enemy GEVs. The OGRE can't be attacked by them, but it can't attack them either. Atm, there seems to be too much of a gap there the OGRE is unresponsive and ineffective. OGREs seem to be too anemic when in water. GEVs seem to have too much of a advantage in this situation.

How viable is any of this for OGRE. Any thoughts?

Last edited by Tim Kauffman; 01-25-2018 at 03:54 PM.
Tim Kauffman is offline   Reply With Quote