View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 02:32 PM   #7
TheAmishStig

Default Re: BEACH Overlays/Hexes/Tiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranitePenguin View Post
The issue is not the swamp, the issue is the water next to the swamp:
5.08.2 ...A GEV approaching the edge of a body of water must end its movement phase at the edge of the water, and may not move onto (or leave) the water until its next movement phase, as though it were crossing a stream.
A GEV has to stop, regardless of the terrain on the other side of the bank. What's trying to be "fixed" (assuming it needs to be) is that the only thing currently in the game that can negate that (in nature) is a beach; and beaches are currently only full-hex terrain types, so it can't be used for town/water, forest/water, swamp/water, etc.
Ok, so my eventual realization of "wait, is this what's at play?" was right...once I looked up Swamps and sat there scratching my head for a while, then reread the thread, noticed that while Water was never specifically mentioned in the OP but that the context should have given it away. I'm ashamed it took me so long to suss out what the real question was, my brain must be down a few tread units or something.

And apologies for the possibly bad wording...I know that movement delay is a feature of water hexes, not swamps. As I'd put further down in the post, I see the arguments for and against there being a special case rule for water/swamp interactions specifically, so let my mind run wild on what to do about it if something should be done.

Thoughts on any of the rest?
MIB Agent #0460
Ogre 134th Battalion

Lancaster, PA
Imgur: https://agent0460.imgur.com/

Last edited by TheAmishStig; 01-11-2018 at 02:37 PM.
TheAmishStig is offline   Reply With Quote