View Single Post
Old 04-03-2016, 10:03 PM   #14
lachimba

Default Re: Magic book(s) recommendations

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsquid View Post
Great, thanks so much! I'm going to need to find a way to finance all these new book purchases....... All this info really is helpful, though, for proceeding forward in a thoughtful manner.

It's especially nice to have all of the 3E/4E comparisons. The blurbs and sample pages (especially table of contents) on the website are helpful, but of course, they don't tell the whole story.

I am very knowledgeable about a lot of roleplaying systems.... that became obsolete by around the year 2000. Which, on the other hand, is great, because I can acquire all the cool old books I never had, second-hand through the wonder that is eBay. 4E just seems too cool to pass up.

David

While I'm sure SJ Games will be happy with your purchases its important to remember that almost everything can be done with the Basic Set.

Now Magic is kind of an exception requiring 'Basic set 3' Powers and/or one of the myriad of magic books.

But even then... maybe not so much. A lot depends on what you want to do.

E.G. you can have everyone use the same magic sytem, but call each refer to their own system as psionics, clerical magic etc
lachimba is offline   Reply With Quote