View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 03:17 PM   #6
Gudiomen

Default Re: [DF] Will Points... has anyone used them with DF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vierasmarius View Post
I mostly agree, but I would choose different effects for low WP. I'd treat 1/3 WP as an Irritating Condition, similar to Drowsy (-2 DX, IQ, and self-control). Zero WP would result in an Incapacitating Condition, akin to Daze (must Do Nothing, -4 to Active Defense). Negative WP might inflict mental disadvantages that linger even after the "damage" is healed, while -5xWP could cause permanent insanity or equivalently nasty effects.
That works too, but I'd roll at -WP and multiples for permanent mental pathology and garantee it outright at -5xWP.

I'd take care for this to be a SLOW mechanism, both in accumulating and recovering. People can work like lunatics for months before they start feeling the effects, and will take as much or more time to truly recover.

Most stressful situations will probably only do a WP of damage over long periods of time (stressful professions can do a WP of damage every year, another one if you skip or vacations, anotherone if you routinely do overtime... etc...).

If this mechanism is too fast it'll be unbelievable. The bets are off when involving the supernatural though, being exposed to things that Man Aught Not See. Should probably inflict several WP in a single go.
Gudiomen is offline   Reply With Quote