View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 08:46 PM   #19
macphersonrants

Default Re: Help Building Secret Organization for Occult Horror Game

The IRS concept is definitely creative. It's not exactly what I'm looking for in my own game, but it would provide a killer cover.

I did a little research on Masonic lodges in my GURPS collection and online. It turns out Ken Hite actually gave us two lodges that kind of fit what I'm shooting for. One is Amonis Albioni a presumably fictional lodge. The other is the Quator Coronati Lodge, a real lodge located in London and focused on Masonic research.

In typical form, Mr. Hite has pointed the spotlight on an organization with all sorts of RPG potential. Early members were associated with biblical archaeology on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem, the Ripper Case, and the founding of the Boy Scouts just to start. The idea of a research lodge is another element that has some potential. I'm not sure I want to use a real organization, so maybe I'll crib the Amonis Albioni name and then give it the cool attributes from the real world lodge.