View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 12:38 PM   #38
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper

Default Re: Spaceships: Chance of a space combat aid. But is there a need? 2D or 3D?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky_molokh View Post
Features Currently Worked On (most likely to be implemented next):
  • 'Altitude lines' - lines drawn from the grid to the ship to make its 3D position more obvious (almost done, just need to make sure they always update).
  • Vector triangle - a triangular 3D helper for visualizing vector position and 3D angle relative to ship (not visible in 2D mode due to having zero height).
  • [ . . . ]
Update.

Altitude lines and Vector Triangles seem to be working fine now (fixed a silly mistake this evening). [edit]No, vector triangles are not precise enough, and I have no idea where the error comes from.[/edit][edit]Yes they do, in v0.06 in the next post![/edit]
New version here (remember, you must join the group to download it).

Also: selected ship, its vector etc. are now coloured differently. Colours will be customizable, but later (and likely will be written in plain RGBA format).

I noticed a weird bug that prevents me from moving (but not selecting) ships and vectors when the camera is situated noticeably below the ship. I'll see what can be done, but it may be caused by improper normals in the models of either.

[Edit] Found more bugs, fixed most; https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B2r...iZTgw&hl=en_GB

Last edited by vicky_molokh; 11-12-2011 at 12:13 PM.
vicky_molokh is offline   Reply With Quote