View Single Post
Old 03-18-2016, 06:57 AM   #25
Mister Ed

Default Re: Munchkin Collectible Card game?!

My biggest problem with CCGs, really, is not JUST the expense, but how little you often GET for that expense. After the first few packs, it seems like you are left getting packs full of cards you literally cannot use with one or two cards you MIGHT use (though sometimes using those cards requires you to have multiple copies, or OTHER cards that are hard to come by). I have yet to encounter a CCG where the game is designed such that the cards you get more of are ones you can actually use more of, and the cards you get few of can be effectively used without multiple copies (though I haven't tried them all by any means). It has felt somewhat ludicrous in the past when I could buy an entire BOX of booster packs and still not have the cards to make a really good deck.

I've sometimes considered getting into an LCG, because even though the expense is still there at least you are (purportedly, as I can't speak from personal experience) getting a reasonable mix of cards for that expense, and you KNOW what you are getting. But ultimately the expense still was enough to make me gunshy, absent an ability to try the game out cheap (or free). At least with a Munchkin game, be it CCG or otherwise, thanks to the MIBs I know I'll get to try before I buy, as much as I want! Yay MIBs! Whatever my feelings about buying into a CCG, you can be SURE I'll be trying it out if the local MIB has it on offer.
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote