Thread: HEAL spell?
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2018, 03:54 PM   #63
tomc

Default Re: HEAL spell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarg View Post
The people I played with tended to quickly notice the weirdness of the Physicker wording, and we all agreed it made no sense at all for it to be limited per combat. So we played it as a limit per wound, which did make sense, was very easy to do, and also generally made physicker healing stronger and only the people who took major wounds would have lasting serious injuries. It did mean it took longer to heal up a whole group with a bunch of minor injuries, but that was an interesting short-term effect.
I've been using this house rule with my dungeon generator, and it's an excellent solution to the dungeon crawl healing problem. Minor wounds can still contribute to your death in battle, but they're healed between fights, so your characters don't die the death-of-a-thousand-cuts. Major wounds hang around and contribute to the story. I like my heroes "cinematic", and this beats dragging along a cooler filled with healing potions.

Thanks Skarg!

Freedom of Speech is not Freedom of Podium

Last edited by tomc; 05-30-2018 at 03:55 PM. Reason: edited to add "Thanks Skarg!"
tomc is offline   Reply With Quote