View Single Post
Old 11-04-2014, 12:21 PM   #7
Sindri

Default Re: Alternate Ratio for Game Time Modifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndallman View Post
Yes ... but meaningfully describing campaign pace, so that you can scale it to yours, may not be trivial. Describing your campaign style up front would avoid getting less-relevant offerings.
That's true. I don't have actual data on this sort of thing but I can try to sketch out things some. My campaign pacing tends to be heavily influenced by traditional dungeon delving style games. Action is very densely packed and crucial rolls are quite likely to be found near each other. Real time Luck offers a chance of having multiple rerolls in a single scene which can be significant in these sorts of circumstances. If the pacing is functioning as intended and hasn't degenerated into things like 15 minute adventuring days you could spend several sessions playing a single day which makes one reroll a day frustrating for the player even if it is balanced. The time between dense moments of action incorporates less rolls, generally with less stakes and under easier circumstances than rolls during the more action packed moments which makes always having a reroll while you are, say, travelling between dungeons much less useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndallman View Post
If, however, your session structure always goes something like "Small fight, travel, larger fight, search, boss fight" that gets to be a cliché.
Oh I see what you mean. Yes that would get old eventually.

Last edited by Sindri; 11-04-2014 at 12:25 PM.
Sindri is offline   Reply With Quote