View Single Post
Old 11-29-2017, 09:59 AM   #7
PK

Default Re: CMON is making Munchkin board games!

If anything, it sounds like this is sort of a spiritual successor to Munchkin Quest, in that it occupies the "Munchkin board game with player and monster miniatures moving around a tiled dungeon" niche.

For those who haven't played Arcadia Quest, it's an excellent game in which each player controls a "guild" of three characters, all of whom "level up" by obtaining new equipment at the end of each scenario. They pay for this new gear with gold, which is obtained primarily from killing monsters and completing objectives (which includes killing members of other players' guilds!). It's competitive, but there's a lot of room for temporary alliances and truces when it serves everyone's purposes. And because it's CMON, the production quality is excellent, including a custom mini for each hero and lots of minis to represent a wide variety of monsters.

Even if the new CMON Munchkin game is a straight reskin of Arcadia Quest, I'll be happy. But hopefully it incorporates a few unique changes (like they did with Arcadia Quest Inferno) to achieve even more of a Munchkin feel.

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}