View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013, 07:14 PM   #69
Ze'Manel Cunha

Default Re: [HT][TS]Tactics for realistic suppressors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
Both of those times are on the short end of estimates. I typically see estimates of 10-15 seconds as the low end of reliable unconsciousness from cutting off blood to the brain unless you do something really dire, and even decapitation may involve multiple seconds (evidence on this is pretty poor, however).
For safety reasons we stop the choke at the 6 second mark, I've choked out dozens of people, many of them incredibly much stronger than me, in that 3-6 sec time frame.

I've also personally seen people do the two finger tap choke, I can't do it myself, but it drops someone either with a single or a simultaneous double tap to the carotid, that's unconsciousness in under a second, though most people start to regain consciousness even before they hit the ground.

Anecdotally, the stronger they are, and the thicker their necks, the easier it is to choke someone out, not just because the thicker neck makes it easier to apply the choke, but it's also easier to do when you're not worrying you'll break their neck accidentally.
Ze'Manel Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote