View Single Post
Old 02-11-2016, 07:35 AM   #53
dwalend

Default Re: Soft announcement: new Ogre set!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatDeath View Post
The design intent in Ogre seems to be that nothing ever stacks at all. Ogres ramming each other stay in adjacent hexes, armor never ram each other because they're always on the same side, infantry can't ram or be rammed, and an Ogre ram is automatic death to any armor unit.
Um.. There's a 50% chance the armor survives the ram. I really like leaving a disabled tank behind my ogre (even better two hexes back) in the clash.

Quote:
As is already called out in the instructions, infantry surviving being stepped down and then fired by an Ogre at is the only case where any two units ever end up in the same hex. And it's really an edge case that is pretty unlikely to actually happen in motivated play.
Also, I park on the surviving INF frequently at M1. Those INF will be in range of my guns next turn. Others may not be.

We really must play a game some time, HeatDeath. Clash of styles.

Quote:
This box should be Ogre being Ogre - let's not try to sneak chunks of GEV into it. The prospect of attacker GEVs ramming defending armor (or defending GEVs ramming the attacking GEVs) is about as far as we want to go down that road, and frankly I don't think it would damage the game overly just to disallow armor ramming armor altogether.
Can we do that? Leave out 6.07.03? The GEV ram is a late addition to the game. It makes more sense as part of GEV (with stacking and overruns) than Ogre.
dwalend is offline   Reply With Quote