View Single Post
Old 09-02-2014, 04:24 PM   #18
Mailanka

Default Re: Doing Things Better #1: Entertaining your fellow-players

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
That's along the lines of how I rewrote your five rules. Your actual rules won't result in any gaming except by accident.
Nice claim. How can you back that up?

Here's what I think: If you can't schedule a game, then no gaming will happen "except by accident." If you can't get the right people together, you won't have a game except by accident. If you can't have a location for your game, you won't get gaming except by accident. And if you don't have a proper game (that would be the last point which you're decidedly ignoring), then you won't have a game except by accident.

How would you propose that my points are invalid? I suppose you could get by without having any snacks and it wouldn't instantly torpedo your ability to have a session. But having good food never hurt.

Quote:
My needs include that gaming had better actually happen, and it really ought to be the main activity.

This:

is a problem, because if that happens I won't find this to be adequate substitute for gaming, even if I try to make the most of it and have fun, and especially even if you have decided against my wishes that I'd rather do this instead of gaming.
Here's the actual quote:

Quote:
Even if people just shoot the breeze and drink your beer and eat your pizza and make jokes and completely fail to connect with the game, if they have fun, they'll consider it a success and will want to do it again
If they don't have fun, they won't consider it a success.