View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 07:56 PM   #12
Ulzgoroth

Default Re: Gurps Vampire vs Hunter balance concerns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boge View Post
I really don't know what you just said. The GM is aware I probably won't be having any fun, but there are 5 of us and not all 5 of us are ever completely happy with any type of gurps we play. So we're trying a rotation system where we each pick one. To start, it's going to be a vampire Gurps. I just have to deal with it. I just figure being a vampire hunter would be the most enjoyable to me than being a freak. I'm just not sure how I can be competitive. He'll likely give me some special items that grant bonuses. I guess I should just count on that.
What he said, basically, is that if you've playing Vampire: The Masquerade (GURPS or not) your human PC is going to be a hideous mismatch to the group in ways that really have nothing to do with power level.

You playing a vampire hunter seems like it would make that flat-out impossible. The vampires responsible for the rest of the group's PCs being vampires would almost certainly kill you, and possibly the rest of them as well for associating with you.

You could be playing some sort of GURPS game with vampires where this doesn't hold, but...