View Single Post
Old 06-06-2017, 03:58 PM   #24
baakyocalder

Default Re: Combining GURPS and Hackmaster combat system?

GURPS is my favorite overall game system. HackMaster and Aces & Eights are #4 and #3 (2 editions) and #2, so I follow them all.

The counter I linked is made by Jolly Blackburn, the creator of Knights of the Dinner Table and one of the authors of HackMaster and Aces & Eights. Jolly has used it for large tables at conventions.

In any game where tactics and timing matter, it helps to have some kind of marking system to keep track of who is attacking.

Oh, and if you're trying to work the GURPS special strikes to HackMaster, a lot of specialization and the Precision Aiming (missile weapons) or Precision Combatant can simulate called shots. GURPS has far more martial arts moves, but that's because it fits the GURPS milieu better. For anyone wanting the basic rundown of HackMaster, HackMaster Basic Free is like GURPS Lite; it will give you many hours of fun for free and if you want more options then you already know the basic system and can buy the rules you need.

Waiting For: Schedule Sanity to Play Car Wars and my Fnordcon special alt Car Wars cards!
baakyocalder is offline   Reply With Quote