View Single Post
Old 10-16-2019, 11:41 AM   #37
the1weasel

Default Re: TFT Books We'd Like to See

My number one accessory I'd like to see to make the game easier to teach and learn is cards for spells and talents. It is so much easier for new players to have a quick-reference for those talents and spells that they have access to rather than thumbing through the pages. The Wizard spell list is good, but doesn't include many of the utility spells which are needed for a full RPG adventure character. Likewise talents.

New players who have never seen the system before greatly appreciate cards with short descriptions and only of their specific talents and spells. They don't want to weed through all the other spells and talents and, as a GM, I don't want them to become distracted reading the cool things that their character can't do. It makes the difference between everyone just saying "I'll play a fighter." so they don't hold up the game looking up spells or talents.

When you hand someone a small stack of playing or index sized cards and say "This is your spellbook." it's (in my experience) always well received...