View Single Post
Old 10-14-2021, 07:53 AM   #2
Dalin

Default Re: Two Questions about spells: Daze and Stench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordo_Lyrae View Post
1. Reading the description of Daze it states that the subject acts normally but doesn't notice what's going on around them. How does this work in combat? Does it cause mental/Physical Stun (neither written nor implied the rules as far as I can tell)? If the Wizard casts Daze on the Goblin and the Thief moves from the side hex to the rear hex with Step and Attack does the Thief get Backstabbing bonuses?
I would rule that a dazed combatant stops fighting and can't take any active defenses, so the thief would get full backstabbing bonuses. The first injury, of course, would break the daze, but that might not help the victim much...

Quote:
2. Stench says that any subject in the area may hold their breath but it doesn't seem to say what happens if they don't hold breath? Intuitively I would think it causes Nausea but again I don't see anything in the spell description to imply that.
I agree that this one seems confusing. I think the idea is that you roll vs. HT once per minute to avoid 1d HP of injury. If you hold your breath, you can postpone this for a bit. Otherwise, I would have you roll immediately. It does seem a bit underwhelming though since most creatures have HT of better than 10.
Dalin is offline   Reply With Quote