View Single Post
Old 09-12-2019, 11:48 AM   #8
David Johnston2

Default Re: Which of these technologies (listed below) can work in Star Wars?

[QUOTE=Maximum7;2284554Basically I’m workshopping science and tech and I would like an opinion on whether these things are doable in the Star Wars galaxy based on existing tech that we already know of in Legends or Canon. Write yes (which means it can easily be done) or write no (meaning it would take scientists some effort to create). You can write a little explanation as to why if you wish. I will provide some info for each. Some are self explanatory.

1.) Optical neurons- Optical computing with the creation of a computer that has artificial neurons.
[/QUOTE]

That actually might be how droids actually work. They have very humanlike intelligence.

Quote:
2.) Virtual offspring- Creating a sentient being that grows and lives in a computer program
Probably not. Artificial personhood seems to be the product of having a mobile body in Star Wars.

Quote:
3.) Droid-Human hybrid- Created in vitro
No.

Quote:
4.) Dream linking- Linking sentients dreams
Probably not without some brain surgery to implant some electrodes.

Quote:
5.) Hyperneurons- Artificial neurons with billions time the processing power of regular neurons. Help to increase memory due to enhanced longevity.
No.

Quote:
6.) Gel computing- Computing with a gel substance medium
It's the kind of thing I could see in an isolated culture like Kamino with divergent technology.

Quote:
7.) Smart bacteria
Trivia note. That was Lucas's concept for what the Whills were.

Quote:
8.) Universal snakebite antidote- Can cure any snake bite from the trillions of snake species in the galaxy.
No. A single antidote isn't going to cover all hemotoxic and neurotoxic venoms

Quote:
9.) Being able to see photons
Don't we all do that anyway?

Quote:
10.) Reaction-less Drive
Already standard.

Quote:
11.) Gene splicing human consciousness into plants
What would be the point? Star Wars would already have plants with human consciousness as aliens.

Quote:
12.) Computer that displays thoughts
With brain surgery, sure.

Quote:
13.) Guided reciprocating deflector shield- Shield that bounces laser blasts back.
Doesn't sound unreasonable.

Quote:
14.) Synthetic life kit - A DIY life creation kit
Wildly beyond any biological technology we've ever seen in Star Wars.

Quote:
15.) An entire Artificial continent grown by genetically modified coral
Doesn't seem like a problem.

Last edited by David Johnston2; 09-12-2019 at 01:57 PM.
David Johnston2 is offline   Reply With Quote