View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 03:18 AM   #10
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper

Default Re: Destroy this game system!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTRC View Post
That's a reasonable question, and one I had not considered. I was using existing game mechanics for the scaling (the table that gives the scaling multiple) and that's just the way it worked out. In general, the points available for powers (which in EABA are separate from those for attributes and skills) may be insufficient for wrecking battleships, but players can be fiendishly clever... I'm not too worried about powers penetrating battleships, however. Mental effects, scrying, teleporting and such. EABA has built-in mechanics to prevent someone from sinking a battleship with a small expenditure of points. I hope.

I suppose I could extend the table into negative values to give a ">1 point for 1 point of effect" power. I'll have to consider that. Thanks.
The idea wasn't to wreck a battleship - it was to do minor damage to anything. An example would probably the elsewhere-mentioned '1 point of disintegration' - say you can disintegrate 5g of matter per use, whether soft flesh, kevlar, or armour steel.